GO SNOWCHIC!! You are not alone in the land of rules. I am right there with you though, I feel like I'm the big meanie all the time because I don't let my children do whatever the heck they want. I just can't believe I'm already at the phase of "well so and so does this, or has this, or can do whatever they want" crap. Aren't they too little for that already?? Some of the stuff they are watching and hearing in Kindergarten just floors me. I just feel like we can only protect their little minds for so long before the world takes over anyway. So darn it, I'm gonna be that mean mom who "doesn't let me do anything" for as long as I can. Coming from the kid with every toy under the sun. The neighbor kids come over every single day asking if Josh can play, they are in 2nd and 3rd grade with no supervision EVER. No, he cannot come out and play unless there is an adult actually outside with you. (which I've never seen)
Every single day I wonder if I'm being unreasonable but then I remember that God gave these children to me and it is my responsibility to protect them and if I don't raise them right and be strong enough to stand up and be willing to say no, I'm not doing them any favors. And, if I can't say no to a 5 year old, what the heck am I gonna do when he's 16 and taller than me?? But it's still soooo hard.
Parenting is definitely the hardest job in the entire world.
Thursday, May 22, 2008
Snowchic, you are not alone
Posted by Rachel @ Verdin Road at 3:45 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment